Raise your hand if you’ve received a safe room grant or rebate in Oklahoma.
We’ve gotten so many calls this week from rebate recipients……..
Now what do you do?
Let me tell you, I’ve attended grant and rebate meetings recently and they make it sound like a scary thing. The process is not as scary as it sounds, I promise.
We are experts at working with Oklahoma homeowners who have received a safe room grant or rebate. We’ve worked with more grant & rebate recipients than we can even count and we make the process easy.
Which shelter should you get?
First, decide which storm shelter or safe room is best for your family. In most cases, it’s totally up to you, but read over the paperwork you received to make sure any size and style is acceptable.
The building permit.
Most cities require a building permit from the homeowner. Before you go, call to confirm with them what you need to bring. Most of the time, the engineer drawing of the storm shelter and a plot plan of your property to show where your storm shelter will be located are required. We will send you the engineer drawing. Your plot plan doesn’t have to be fancy. Just a simple drawing of where your house is and where you plan to install your new safe room or storm shelter.
Ready to install your storm shelter.
Once you have the building permit, you are ready to install your storm shelter! Call your favorite storm shelter company (that’s us) to get scheduled. 405-367-7655
We are currently installing storm shelters and safe rooms within 2-3 weeks!
All of our prices are listed on our website and include installation. We don’t add taxes. No hidden fees. All straight forward pricing. *Dirt haul off is available for an extra fee…but we tell you that up front.
We do NOT require a down payment.
After the installation.
Some organizations require more paperwork than others, but it’s all pretty straight forward…and easy.
Safe Room Rebate
You’ll need (…and remember, each rebate is different, so the list of requirements will vary by organization):
- A signed contract (we fill everything out for you. We just need your signature once you’ve read over it.)
- A copy of your paid invoice (we will mark it paid once the job is complete.)
- A copy of the method of payment (we will provide you with a copy of the cancelled check.)
- A completed & signed voucher/grant or rebate paperwork (We will sign it when the job is complete.)
- A copy of the storm shelter warranty (it’s attached to your contract and is yours to keep.)
- Some require you to submit photographs with the paperwork (ex. picture of the front of your house, picture of the storm shelter, etc. Check your rebate paperwork for details on the requirements.)
Once you’ve submitted your paperwork to the city, county or organization, it could take up to 12 weeks to receive your rebate.
If you can’t pay for the storm shelter in full up front, check on storm shelter loans. Most banks and credit unions offer loans for less than 1% interest. We highly recommend Cornerstone Bank in Mustang!
Safe Room Grant
For safe room grants, we handle all the paperwork. You pay the difference upon completion. (Example: if your storm shelter is $2,750 and you have a $2,500 grant. You’ll pay us $250.) Before we leave, you’ll give us your grant/voucher sheet. We handle the paperwork and the organization pays us directly.
A Tip From the Experts
- Don’t wait until the last minute to call. Allow yourself plenty of time. Keep in mind that while we do our best to get you installed within 2-3 weeks, rain and bad weather push us back. We all know how unpredictable Oklahoma weather is.
Call us today! 405-367-7655
Haven’t received a grant or rebate? Click here to find out where to apply for one!