Oklahoma Above Ground Storm Shelter Installation
From 20+ years of experience we think you may be here for one of the following reasons:
- Climbing up and down stairs is difficult for you now, so you’d like safety from storms without an underground shelter.
- Being closed in tight spaces, especially underground, causes you to feel great anxiety, so you’d like storm shelter above ground.
- You’re younger, love your home and expect to live there for many, many years. An above ground storm shelter is planning for the future.
- This is about your parents. They’re older, still able to live on their own, but use walkers/wheelchairs. You’d like them to be able to quickly and easily secure themselves in a shelter during a storm.
Whichever reason brought you to this page, we’re here to help. If you’re ready to talk, our number is (405) 600-4905 or complete this simple form and we’ll reply right away.
Above Ground Safe Room
Above Ground Safe Room
Above Ground Safe Room
Why Choose Sprague’s Backhoe to Install Your Above Ground Storm Shelter
Decades of experience – We’ve been installing above ground storm shelters in Oklahoma for over 20 years.
We listen – We don’t talk at you, we listen and then help you find the best solution for your situation.
We’re dependable – You can count on us to show up when we say we will, work hard and do a great job.
Transparent pricing – Many companies keep their pricing vague. We let you know right here on the website how much our above ground storm shelters cost, before you call.
No deposit – This one surprises folks. So many people have lost deposits with other installers and still have no shelter. We don’t accept money until the job is completed. Period.
Highly recommended – Our happy customers leave glowing reviews on Google and Facebook.
We’ve been installing above ground storm shelters in Oklahoma since we opened in 2013, but Jack has over 20 years experience in above ground storm shelter installations.
Whichever above ground storm shelter you choose, you can trust us to install it properly. We work closely with homeowners and business owners to ensure they are completely satisfied with every above storm shelter that we install.
Because customer satisfaction is our priority, we believe pricing should be transparent. So, all pricing for our above ground storm shelters is listed on our website. Prices include installation and we don’t add tax.
We do accept cash, checks, money orders, cashier’s checks and credit cards. Please note that we charge a 4% convenience fee for all payments made by credit card or debit card. We are also experts on working with storm shelter grant and rebate recipients.
**Prices on our website are current, but subject to change at any time. Scheduling your storm shelter installation will lock in the current rate for you.**
Scheduling and Installation
During the fall and winter months your safe room installation can be scheduled within three to six weeks of the date you call. However, during spring or summer months, it could take up to 16+ weeks to get you scheduled. Snow, rain and severe weather can also delay our schedule.
No down payment is required to get on our schedule but payment is due in full at the time of installation.
Sprague’s Backhoe will contact OKIE 811 to locate member companies’ lines before we start your job. Note: OKIE 811 does not locate gas lines, sewer lines or water lines from the meter to the house, private water and septic lines or sprinkler lines. It is the customer’s responsibility to know the location of private lines.
It is the homeowner’s responsibility to obtain a storm shelter permit from their city office, if required, but each city has different requirements and pricing.
How Safe are Above Ground Safe Rooms?
Above ground storm shelters installed by Sprague’s Backhoe are built to withstand an F5 tornado. Each above ground safe room has the following features:
- Stamped Rock Design
- Triple latch system on all doors
- 5 year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Vertically reinforced steel powder-coated door
- Anchored down with six 3′ metal anchors
- Doors have been tested at Texas Tech University
- 6,000 PSI reinforced pre-cast concrete
- 8″ turbine and 3″ vent
- 1/2″ rebar on 10″ centers
- Shelters meet or exceed FEMA 320 & ICC 500 guidelines
- Weigh approximately 16,000-24,000 lbs.
- Made in Oklahoma
- Poured & delivered as a one-piece unit
Extra Services & Fees
No tax. No installation fees. If you need a space leveled, we offer that service at no additional charge. Please let us know at scheduling if you’ll need this service.
Installations over 60 miles away could incur a travel charge, which will be discussed at the time of scheduling.
Safe Room Installation Video
Below are sped-up videos of a 7×9 above ground safe room installation. Sprague’s Backhoe installed this above ground in 2018 in Minco, Oklahoma.