Safe Room Grants & Rebates:
How They Work
6x8 slope front storm shelter
Learn more about our 6x8 slope front storm shelter.
what do i do after the installation?
Some organizations require more paperwork than others, but it’s all pretty straight forward…and easy.
The paperwork on grants is quite a bit different from rebates and can vary a little, depending on who issued it. We’ve broken it down into lists of common requirements for each below.
Storm Shelter Rebates
You’ll need (…and remember, each rebate is different, so the list of requirements will vary by organization):
- A signed contract (we fill everything out for you. We just need your signature once you’ve read over it.)
- A copy of your paid invoice (we will mark it paid once the job is complete.)
- A copy of the method of payment (we will provide you with a copy of the cancelled check, credit card receipt or cash in full receipt.)
- A completed & signed voucher/grant or rebate paperwork (We will sign it & have it notarized when the job is complete.)
- A copy of the storm shelter warranty (it’s attached to your contract and is yours to keep.)
- Some require you to submit photographs with the paperwork (ex. picture of the front of your house, picture of the storm shelter, etc. Check your rebate paperwork for details on the requirements.)
The rebate recipient pays for the storm shelter in full upon completion of the installation. We will provide you with the paperwork above if applicable. Once you’ve submitted your paperwork to the city, county or organization, it could take up to 12 weeks to receive your rebate.
If you can’t or don’t want pay for the storm shelter in full up front, we have storm shelter financing options.
Storm Shelter Grants
For safe room grants, we handle all the paperwork. You pay the difference upon completion. (Example: if your storm shelter is $3,650 and you have a $2,500 grant. You’ll pay us $1,150.) Before we leave, you’ll give us your grant/voucher sheet. We handle the paperwork and the organization pays us directly.
Ready to Get Started?
Let us know how we can help!
recent blog posts
Choose the Right Storm Shelter for Your Home or Business – Take Our Quiz Today! Home Choosing the right storm shelter With severe weather events